Saturday, April 15,
$10 per child
GET IN EARLY AS THERE ARE LIMITED SPACES
TRM has received lots of inquiries on the Tongariro Crossing? In marginal weather we cannot recommend it. With the severe crowding and parking issues at Easter the other alternative options should be considered – i.e. see video below…
Tongariro Expeditions, shuttle bus operators, advise “not a flash day tomorrow again, safe enough but expect to get wet and cold so be prepared”.
Quick heads up to all booking agents who booked hikers for today Saturday the 15th of April.
It has been one of those days where the weather forecasted didn’t match what was actually happening on the Crossing.
In the morning all clients were taken to the start of the track and got offered to go a different day if they didn’t want to go today due to the weather. Some took the offer, some didn’t.
So if you have unhappy clients returning there is only so much we can do when the weather changes but as I said they all had the opportunity to change their mind in the morning.
PH: +64 7 377 0435 Free 0800 828 763
(From the end of April the chairlifts at Whakapapa will be closed for maintenance to get ready for the opening of the ski season on 3 June – one month earlier than usual.)