UPDATE for all those wonderful ladies who have already booked, the Ladies Tournament committee
- Fly fishing on the Tongariro River only
- Only one fish per day to be weighed in per angler
- Weigh in times are:
Thursday 30 August 5:30-6:00pm, daily Prize giving 6:15pm
Friday 31 August 2:30-3:
(images are of SWMBO hosting the last High Tea at the Chateau Tongariro.)
Saturday 31 August 3:30-4pm, Tournament Prizegiving 5-6pm followed by dinner at Turangi Tavern.
To share in the prizes tournament entrants must be in the queue before the above close-off times
- Prizes each day are for the fish with the Best Condition Factor and for the Heaviest Fish
- Fish weighed in must have been caught on the same day
fish,can only win one prize, per day
- If two fish are the same condition factor or the same weight, the first fish weighed in shall win
- Fishing is at your own risk
- Tight lines and screaming reels, Good Luck.
Some of the prizes to be won include:
New pair ladies waders
New 6 wt rod (Thomas & Thomas) and reel (BFR).
New SIMMS ladies fishing vests (2)
Fishing books “Laird of the Flies” by David McLellan
Muriel Foster’s Fishing Diary
Boxes of Tongariro flies TRM lucky hats, bottles of wine, etc.
i.e. Lucky dip prize winners will be chauffeured to the Chateau in TRM’s classic vintage airport taxi – see below…